This page keeps you informed of our policies related to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data while you use our Service and also the choices you have related with that data.
Personal Data refers to the data about a living individual who can be identified using those data (or from other information that either lie in our possession or are likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is automatically collected and is either generated by the usage of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself such as the duration of a page visit.
Cookies are small data pieces that are stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller signifies a person who (either individually or jointly or in common with others) examines the purposes for which as well as the manner in which any personal data are to be processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) signifies a person (other than the employee of Data Controller) who is responsible to process the data on behalf of every Data Controller.
We may make use of the services of numerous Service Providers to process your data in a more effective manner.
Data Subject refers to any living individual who is considered as the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual who uses our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who in turn is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several types of information for number of purposes to offer and improve our Services for you.
Types of Data Collected
While you use our Service, we might ask you to provide us with some personal identifiable information which can be used in order to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information might include, but is definitely not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may make use of your Personal Data in order to contact you with the newsletters, promotional or marketing materials and any other information that might be of some interest to you. You might opt out of receiving any of these or simply all, of these communications from our end by following the unsubscribe link or through the instructions provided via email sent by or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This kind of Usage Data might include information such as your computer's browser type, browser version, Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), the pages of our Service that you might visit, the time and date of one’s visit, the time spent on those specific pages, unique device identifiers as well as other diagnostic data.
While you access the Service by using a mobile device, this Usage Data may be inclusive of the information like the kind of mobile device used by you, unique ID of your mobile device, its IP address, its operating system, the kind of mobile Internet browser used by you, unique device identifiers and also the other diagnostic data.
We might use and store the information about one’s location if given the permission to do so (“Location Data”). We utilize this data to offer the features of our Service, in order to improve and customize our Services.
You may enable or disable the location services while you make use of our Services at any specific time, via your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are the files with little amount of data that might include a unique identifier who is anonymous. Cookies to your browser are sent from a website and then stored on to your device. Tracking technologies used are inclusive of the beacons, scripts and tags to track and collect information and further improve and analyze one’s Service.
You may instruct your browser in order to refuse all cookies or to simply indicate when a cookie is sent. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you might not be able to make use of some portions of one’s Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We make use of the Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We utilize Preference Cookies to know about your preferences and numerous settings.
- Security Cookies. We make use of the Security Cookies for the purpose of security.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used for serving you with advertisements that might be relevant to you as well as your interests.
With testmyinternetspeed.org we run a service that ingrains in you the ability to test as well as analyze the network and internet connections and further monitor its performance depending on the test results that have been generated. We might use these results generated by you as the criteria for our research and analysis business where we provide insights on network performance to our customers in a number of ways and formats. testmyinternetspeed.org is currently available on Android, iOS, as well as the Web. Additionally, we license our technology to the businesses interested in order to let them enable their customers to utilize our technology to conduct the internet performance tests.
Data collected while you run a speed test with testmyinternetspeed.org on any of the devices, or any platform or the web:
- Test Data: Metrics like download and upload speed, ping, amount of data transferred, duration of the test etc.
- Location Data: In case the device supports precise location (based upon the GPS, especially in the case of smartphones) and you have given the access, we may record precise device location. We also tend to record the non-precise location information depending on the IP address from which a test is run.
- Additional Metrics: We also collect the additional points that might seem interesting for the purpose of measuring and analyzing the network as well as internet performance. These might include but aren’t limited to the network operator (ISP), the IP address of the device that you run the test from as well as the network and hardware identifiers like as Wi-Fi names (SSID) or the SIM card identifiers (IMEI)
If you have testmyinternetspeed.org installed onto your smartphone, tablet or any other mobile devices and that you have given us the required permissions we also arbitrarily record some precise location data through our apps that run in the background in order to analyze the network as well as the internet performance.
The data collected has been identified, processed and analyzed by testmyinternetspeed.org and has been given to our business partners in order to show legitimate interest to our business and thus are able to process the data in addition to the user information on the basis of legitimate interests legally for operating our business.
In addition to the data that has been mentioned earlier and is core to our business, we might also generate some additional revenue by the collection & sharing of IDs as well as the location data that selects 3rd parties which make use of the data in order to show you the relevant ads only. We may ask you for your explicit consent for doing so.
Use of Data
TMIS uses the collected data for multiple purposes:
- To offer and maintain our Services
- To notify you about the changes made to our Services
- To let you to participate in various interactive features of our Service while you choose to do the same
- To offer the customer support
- To collect the analysis or valuable insights in order to improve our Service
- To examine the usage of our Services
- To prevent, detect and also address the technical issues
- To offer you with the news, general information and special issues about other goods, events as well as the services that we offer which are way similar to those already purchased by you or enquired about until you have opted out to receive such information
Retention of Data
TMIS may also retain the Usage Data for the purpose of internal analysis. Usage Data is usually retained for a short period of time, except in the case when this data is utilized for strengthening the security or to improvise the functionality of our Services, or if we are legally obligated to keep this data for a longer duration.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, which may include the Personal Data, might be transferred to — or maintained on — the computers located outside your state or province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the laws for data protection laws may vary from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the country and choose to provide us the information, please note that we may transfer the data, including your Personal Data, to the country first and then process it there.